Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Provision

I am extremely, absolutely, undoubtedly, out-of-this-world overwhelmed with everything I need to complete in the next 5 weeks.

Today, I pretty much planned out the rest of my college career on a piece of paper with my messy pixie like handwriting. I have next semester definitely planned out (Animation, Illustration, Philosophy & Aesthetics, Sculpture, Contemporary Art Trends, and Theology 2). And I got started on my 4x3 ft. final drawing for my figure studies class. Then, after a run-in with my boss, I had to come back to my room, write out my entire schedule for the next 5 weeks, and have an emotional break down (although the break-down part was completely optional, but silly chemical imbalances will sway you to make those kind of decisions).

Throughout all of this mess, all I had to eat was an English muffin with jam, a banana, two cups of tea, a chai bomb, and after more influence from chemical imbalances, mad scrapings from the inside of a finished Nutella jar was also added to the list. So when 8:45 rolled around. I figured I should break from English-papering and pop some popcorn.

I should probably mention that popcorn was the last thing I would have chosen to eat at this moment. I wanted comfort food. I've felt like the lowest of the low for the past several days, and I wanted Mac n' Cheese. The most comforting food in the entire universe.

So there I was, going down the hall to my floor's lounge, swinging the popcorn bag in my hand, trying not to think about the fluffy yet crunchy texture of the popped kernels that I just wasn't in the mood to experience. And when I got to the microwave and put the bag in, what do you think I saw sitting on top, discarded there, waiting for someone to eat?

It wasn't Mac n' Cheese.

It was packets of Apple Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal! I know it sounds odd to be excited for something that I didn't even crave for, but it meant that I didn't have to eat popcorn! And it's almost the same as mac n' cheese. Texture wise, that it. It's warm and mooshy! Just what I was longing for, the comfort of something hot and soft, but still being sustainable food.

Thank you, Lord for providing comfort on a day when it was so, very needed.

Now if you'll excuse me... I still have John-Keats-English-papering to get back to...
-Brenna Kathleen

No comments: