Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Written Tuesday late afternoon March 10, 2009

I’m on the train! :D I’m heading back up to Biola, after coming down to San Diego on Sunday.

My friend Dina got married yesterday! YAY! It was awesome. I really want to write about all the people on the train, so I’ll leave out wedding details fro now. I’m too ADD to focus on writing about the wedding when so much is going on right now!

:D

So. The ride down here was pretty much empty, not many people travel on Sunday morning. But Tuesday afternoon is a completely different story!

Just a bit ago, some Amish people walked by! I dunno if they were Amish, but the dude had a funny coat, and the chick had a cute little bonnet on.

Sitting one seat in front of me across the aisle is a mother and a son. The mother is the one I can see the best. She has on a floral shirt that I’m pretty sure I’ve seen in my grandma’s closet, and a giant monster mouth clip holds up the top half of her hair. Except she isn't wearing it in the normal on the side of the back of her head. It's literally right on top, like when I used to clip it to the top of my head and pretend it was a crown when I was little. Her glasses are black frames with little polka dots along the side, and she’s wearing thick gold hoop earrings. She keeps going through the bag in front of her and pulling things out such as gum and the subscription slips you get in your magazines. Right now it seems she’s settled on a word search book, she doesn’t have a pen. Her son is all emo. Whenever I see him, it’s the back of his head and he has his oversized brown hoodie pulled up over it.

The guy in front of them has been talking to an older couple that has a young two-year-old child. He’s a high school substitute teacher, and his roommate in college served in Iraq for a while. The husband in the couple is a full time marine, and very vocal about his opinions. He even shared his pet name for Iraq to the entire train car. The woman keeps saying things like “honey don’t say that” and “did you take her wipes out?” The little girl wines about little girl things occasionally and yells the word “tree” whenever she sees one out the window. Which is a lot.

There’s a guy two seats behind me who keeps talking on his phone to a guy he likes to call homes and dude. He’s talking about some sort of get together that sounds like a musical thing, and keeps saying “fo sho”

Now there’s another guy sitting in the row in front of me. He’s taken up talking to the older woman sitting with her son. I’m not sure what they’re talking about, but it seems to be about the economy and war. Oh joy. He came in at Solana beach, pulled his suitcase behind him, and glanced at me from behind his round black sunglasses as he passed me. He then instantly sat down, leaned the seat back and put his feet up to relax until he started chatting with the woman across the aisle to him. He also has awesome wavy ginger hair that flows past his shoulders.

The woman and he son also have a mysterious wooden box sitting up in the luggage rack. Its unfinished and locked. I really want to know what’s inside.

Stop at Oceanside. We’ve now got a younger woman, wearing a gauzy black top that walked up to the front of the car, but I can still see her in the reflection of the ceiling.

There’s an older man across from me now, he has on a red short sleeve shirt with an olive toned longer one underneath. He has glasses on and pulled out a book with a reddish brown cover on it.

The conductor is rather rotund man who I saw before I got on the train taking a last smoking break before the long train ride up to LA. I like his hat.

The guy with flowing ginger hair has decided it would be more comfortable to curl up across the two seats in front of me. Although I doubt he’s going to get much shuteye with all the noise going on around him.

Dang. I think I left my hanky back at home. I’ve been using it to cough into. I think I have a few extras though.

I’m taking pictures outside the window, one side is beaches, and the other is fields and mountains. Welcome to Southern California. I’m tempted to get secret pictures of out cast of characters.

I’m missing my 3D design critique right now. I have my project all done though. It was going to be last Thursday, so I was a-ok. But nope, Loren, my prof decided to push it back until Tuesday. So now people in my class are texting me and are like “where are you?” Hahaha.

I actually should be studying for my art history midterm I have tomorrow morning. OH! Crap. I have a speech on blogging too. I was going to pull some info off the Internet while I could back at home, so I could write it on the train. Dang. That’s all right. It’ll be easy to write tomorrow.

I like those little yellow flowers that grow this time of year. I don’t know if they’re flowers of just really pretty weeds. They look buttercup-ish, and when you pick them they close up after a couple of hours.

YES! I got a picture of the people in front of me. Hahaha. They were all standing up and I got a quick shot of them all.

San Clemente! I took some pics of the buildings on my side. I’m on the inland side of the train, so to snap a shot of the ocean I have to zoom in and take I past the people accross the aisle form me. Like the pretty pier.

San Juan Capistrano has a beautiful train station. I wouldn’t mind stopping there some day for a bit.

Orange groves! With beautiful yellow wild flowers. Too bad I didn’t get a good picture
though. Bum.

So the Woman and her son packed up and headed down to get off, and the guy with the mantle of ginger hair went with them. They seemed to talk as if they knew each other from before, but maybe that’s just both their personality types.

I’m not sure what the next stop is, but we haven’t even stopped at Anaheim yet, so Fullerton isn’t for a while.

Ahhh, that freaked me out. They called for Irvine and my heart jumped. It sounds familiar because Taran used to live here, so he’d come home and back on the train. I guess because it’s also a college town I feel like I should be going there. Funniest thing about the Irvine stop. It’s sorta’ populated on the ocean side, but the other side is just blank field, huge ginormous store houses that you imagine housed blimps at one time, and mountains in the distance.

The group of friendly three in front a bit are talking about teaching to inner-city kids now. The substitute teacher wants to teach their, and the mom is telling him about her experience about her teaching third grade in the inner city, and cursing while she does it too. I guess she thinks it’s okay now that her little girl is down for her nap.

Santa Ana. Substitute teacher leaves. Couple says goodbye. Older man in a red shirt comes in and sits down right in front of me. A woman in business attire walks past me and I smell white tic-tacs.
WHOA. The dude in front of me is freakin’ LOUD!!!!! He go ton his cell phone and nearly gave me a heart attack. Sheesh. Some people need to learn volume control.

Oooo! We passed an archery field! I wanna learn archery! I’m going to try to take it for P.E soon. But it’s hard to get in unless you’re an upper classman.
We just passed Orange station. It’s a quaint little town.

Anaheim! I think I’m next……. I dunno. The stop is right next to Angel’s stadium. Whoa, twins are getting on! Looks like they went to Disneyland for their birthday. Amish people!!!!!! Again! Older man sits where mother and Son used to be. Twins where the sub teacher originated (although he moved all over the place). Younger woman sits two seats in front of me, I can’t see her anymore.

Fullerton next! It’s been fun writing everything I see, now I need to copy and paste this onto blogspot and add pictures. I’m closing my laptop now.

Have a super duper day filled with discoveries!
-Brenna

No comments: