Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

New Addiction. New Career?

I caved.

I got a Polyvore account. So, what is Polyvore?

It's a web site where you can put together "sets" by browsing all the different clothes/accessories/fashions that anyone anywhere can upload to the site.

I like to use it because I can type in anything (i.e. Doctor Who, Alice in Wonderland, oxford shoes, Alphonse Mucha) and get search results of different outfits that people have put together to fit those topics.

A recent trip to the mall in an outfit that I really liked sparked my interest (again) in being a stylist. The moment my Mom and I walked past the jewelry section in JC Pennys I took off looking for the perfect earrings to go with my outfit. I knew exactly what I was looking for. While I didn't find what I had in mind, the hunt for it was so much fun!

So the opportunity to put together whatever outfits I want,  with whatever pieces I want (without emptying my bank account) is a dream come true!
It took me a few tries, and a short stint at conforming to a more messy and cluttered style that most people use, to develop a nice style that I really like. So far I've done a few that I really like.
You can check them out  by following the Polyvore link in the sidebar -->

Keep in mind that my earlier ones aren't my favorite. I like the latter ones the best.
Let me know what you think!

-Brenna Kathleen

No comments: