Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Outfit Post Brought To You By My Blurry Mac Camera

Since I'm home I've lost my most amazing photographer (and best friend and roommate) Jojo, who is working her little Lois Lane tushy off back home in Minnesota.

Also since I'm home, I've been hitting the thrift stores and been putting together outfits like crazy! It's why I love breaks. I don't have to worry about people staring at me and asking me why I'm so dressed up. And I don't feel like I'm parading around in the classroom or cafe. I'm just chillen' around Coronado or going to get last-minute travel items from Target with my Mom.

This outfit came together after I found an amazing striped top at a thrift store recently. There's been  a stripe bug going round the blogger circuit, and I'm afraid I've caught it.
This look is inspired by two of my favorite blogs  Lulu Letty and A Thought is The Blossom.
The two lovely ladies of these blogs always have the best looks, and they all look so comfy!

I don't have the best of legs to wear the cute high-waisted shorts that would complement the look better, and my modesty wont allow me to feel comfortable in shorts that go above my knee. But enough excuses. The pictures don't even show my whole body...

I was excited to be able to wear this great necklace from DearBeatrice.
One that I actually won in a contest at A Thought is A Blossom!

The bag is a new thrift find as well. It's weird. really weird. And that's why I had to have it. I'm pretty sure someone stitched that creepy cat and flower border by hand. I love the quirk and individuality of it!

Only one weekend separates me from Germany!! I'm driving up with a few of my teammates to Orange County on Monday, and then we'll be leaving Tuesday!!
My flight schedule says that we fly from LAX to Heathrow and spend about 3 hours until we catch our next plane to Berlin.
3 hours in England. The country I've dreamed about and waited to visit my whole life! ... and I can't leave the airport.

But that's alright. I'll be back. You can count on that :]

Besides, I'm going to GERMANY!! I'm not the type of person who gets excited about things. I am excited, but I'm a pretty reserved person. Things don't really make me show excitement unless it's like I'm there with someone I haven't seen in a while and means a lot to me, or Disney's new World of Color show (made me misty eyed that one did, and it wasn't mist from the 40ft. wall of water in front of me).
I'm sure I'll be excited when I get there.

I also don't really like airports. So the dreading of that could possibly be blocking the excitement at the moment.

I'll most likely update again when I get back, if the jet lag and almost instant work schedule doesn't completely overpower me.

-Brenna Kathleen

1 comment:

kelseyosterman said...

I love your style explorations. :) And I love being your photographer. :D