Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Update-1

I wrote this a while ago, obviously before the second update, I just realized I never actually published it, so here you go!

Remember the lace parasol I talked about not that long ago? And how I said I would go to Modcloth just to stare at it?

It seems to be a problem of mine. Most of the websites I visit regularly are various blogs. Either for fashion or home. On my bookmarks bar on firefox I have: facebook, yahoo, blogspot, dailybooth, my college's site, youtube, hulu, mugglenet, wookieepedia, Dvice, Apartment Therapy, Unplugged, Design*Sponge, Designboom, swissmiss, etsy, modcloth, and fail blog.

Most of those are sites that find new or cool things and tell them to the public. I go on esty and just browse the items for sale. I look for inspiration, but also I just look. I don't know why. It's like home decor magazines, I've always loved looking at the perfect rooms. I imagine what kind of life I wold lead if I lived in a place like that. Because my life would be completely different from what it is now. I always decorate because I feel like it reflects who we are, and I want to live in my own place that reflects me. If I lived in one of those houses in the magazines, I wouldn't be me as I am now. I'd be me with more money, or me if I took up gardening, or me if I wanted to live by the beach. I love imagining who I would be. But I also love just me as I am now.

I also think about the architecture of the home. Sometimes I imagine my own things there. Have you ever thought about your future home? And what it will be like based on the things you own now?
My house will be very odd. I have over 30 garden gnomes, and a plethora of Disney's Snow White collectibles (old illustrated story books, never-opened dolls, a framed copy of the poster from the ride at Disneyland, and a 2 ft. figure of the lady herself). I have vintage hats, old suitcases, and a spooky black candelabra. A huge wardrobe, an adjustable dress form named Molly, and a fake raven named Edgar. How all that will fit into a home, only God knows. And whatever he knows, I hope it's lovely. Poor man who ends up marrying into all that.

To the update part..... Work is splendid. It's a lot to do. There's a lot I'm in charge of like props and opening trap doors and things that if gone wrong can ruin a performance. But so far I'm doing well (besides the stress related breakouts that have graced my visage). Since I've grown up around it, the theater is like a second home to me, and the people are just extended family. I very much enjoy the behind the scenes part of it all. I get such a rush of excitement running from the grid above the audience down the the pit below the stage to set the trapdoor in place. The actors do their thing, but it wouldn't be the same without everyone in the shadows helping them along. How I love being in the shadows.
It's probably also the mother in me. I always find myself taking care of my friends in a very motherly fashion. I make sure they're alright when sick, that if it's cold they'll be warm. I even have the urge to sing a lullaby every so often.
So I guess it makes sense. I make sure there's coffee made, the green room is clean, they have their props. And the show hasn't even started yet. We're only beginning dress rehearsals!

That's been my life so far. It will be most of it I reckon. In the day I sleep. and practice the Ukulele. I've gotten pretty good. I know "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. I'm getting the strumming pattern down for "New Soul" by Yael Naim. And today I learned a wonderful version of the Rihanna song, "Umbrella."

Kenny found curtains for our dorm in August! And I found a coffee maker that looks good... I'm going to keep looking. It's going to be real though! the amazingness of picked roommates and a decorated room!! And I've already told you the importance of a decorated room to me. I can't wait.

work at 3 tomorrow!!! I finally get to sleep in! my plans were ruined today by a dentist appt at 8:30am. :[ I had to get a filling.... that was caused by my braces!
oh well.... I have perdy teeth now, I guess it's worth it.

The random voices and noises outside my window are kinda' creepy...
until next time!
-Brenna Kathleen

No comments: