Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Giving Thanks

I got wind on Modcloth's Thanksgiving Thank-a-Thon blog contest from my darling roommate Jojo who entered the contest with a smashing poem.
And since I'm always swooning over their amazing items, but tear up at the prices and my empty wallet, I thought I'd give it a shot!.
Of course I'm not doing it just for the merch. I've actually been thinking about how thankful I am for my amazing family.


My parents are the reason why I am the person I am today. My Dad has worked at a theater my entire life, and my Mom has been an amazing stay at home mom who recently went back to work so I could go to college. They always supported my choice to be an artist, knowing it would bring me joy even though I may not make lots of money. They taught me to love God and others. I've been such a stubborn child to raise, but they kept loving me even when I was my worst. Because of them I am equipped with the knowledge I need to be a grown woman who follows God's plan and who uses her creativity to love. I say my thanks for them everyday, and I can't wait to take the love they taught me and use it in my life.