Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Check for false bookcases and loose light fixtures

When I brush my teeth at night, I take the time to either think about whatever happens to be on my mind, or I use the time to look around my bathroom(usually it's both at the same time).


Recently I noticed a few scout ants roaming my bath tub. There's nothing for them to eat in there, so I wasn't too upset about my find. I followed a few, waiting to see their place of origin. Finally I found it, it didn't even look like a crack in the tile, they squeezed behind a bit and slipped into the wall. As I sat to see what could come out, I saw out of the corner of my eye an ant emerge from a little hole not far from where the ant had gone in. You know, I think it's the same ant. Not long after that, I found another entrance, and then another! Those ants have 4 little spots where they slip in and out of my bathroom wall, all within 7 inches of my wall.

How clever of those ants! And how fun that must be, to have a little maze inside a wall. It made me very jealous of those ants! I've always wanted a home with secret passages and twisting mazes. How wonderful it must be to be an ant, you could find so many tiny places to make your home.

I haven't done anything about them yet. I'm sure that soon I'll take some cinnamon and sprinkle it into and around the little holes (I do have to take a shower in that bath you know), but for now, I think I'll let those little rascals live.

-Brenna Kathleen

No comments: