Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Coat-vert Affairs

Excuse the cheesy title, but I can't help but share my love for the new series Covert Affairs.

What I love most about the series are the characters.The two main ones being Annie Walker (played by Piper Perabo) and August "Auggie" Anderson (played by Christopher Gorham).
Annie Walker ( maybe a distant cousin of our favorite female Chuck agent Sarah Walker?) is a shove-in CIA agent who wears casual and classy business attire and kicks butt in Louboutin heels. While I appreciate her style with nice slacks and classy blouses, my main costume love resides in the character of Auggie Anderson.
Auggie is the CIA tech guy who used to be a special ops officer until he was blinded during a mission. Now he resides in his super sweet office that is filled with special audio systems and a pretty amazing computer that uses audio and braille to tell Auggie what's up with the mish.
I always have an instant soft spot for the techies on spy shows, and Auggie's style is the ultimate comfy buisness look. I always find myself envious of his amazing sweaters and vests.
Well, see for yourself.

Might I add that he has several different color variations of THE sweater that I've been searching for. Just a basic color with a contrasting band around the edges. like the one seen above. You have no idea how many web and store searches I've done to find this beauty.

And can I just say, I love the nickname Auggie for August. I need to stop loving guy names more than girl names, or maybe I should start hoping for a future filled with many sons.

I also took a crack at making my own style representation. I would totally recreate his look for myself if I coul d.


All the episodes of Covert Affairs are now listed on hulu. Check it out. There's good humor, good characters, good stories, and a good intro that is very Chuck-esque. This is a show that I will have to try to keep up on while I balance my college student duties.

-Brenna Kathleen

No comments: