Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just like Harry's first ride on the Knight Bus...

My third year started out with a bang!

The roommies and I arranged our room so we all have a sweet set up. All lofted beds so we have our own space under them for our desks and various sitting places.
I have room under for my desk and the perfect amount of space for my thrifted chair, Jane.
Popsicle loves sitting in his little spot by the window and watches the people walk by outside.

What I've found most exciting (besides my awesome prof for Theology 2, my illustration, and Animation classes), is a project that I actually have only had a small part in.
At the end of summer, my dearest Amber came over and helped me with making a new sketchbook. I had an old book cover, extra paper, needle, and thread. Problem was, I didn't know how to make that into a new sketchbook. Amber did. So the darling took it from me, put it all together, and then presented it to me a few days ago.
Ladies and Gentlemen, My new sketchbook...
Yup, that's right. It's in an old hardcover binding of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
After Amber handed it over to me, I quickly got to work "pimping" it out.
What you see in the picture above is a pasted in Ravenclaw stationary page (I put in several of those), my own penned version of The Jabberwocky poem by Lewis Carroll, a pasted in red envelope that reminds me of a howler, and one of the original pages from the book( several of those are also put in).
There are other things I added like lined paper, and a ribbon bookmark. Amber had sewed in not just the brown pages, but also pages form my old stash of drawing paper and watercolor paper as well.

Want to know the BEST part? It's Harry's third year at Hogwarts. It's my third year at Biola. And what an adventurous year it will be.

Happy back to school everyone!
-Brenna Kathleen

No comments: