Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fairy Princess

             
                       I haven't done an outfit post in a while, mostly because over the summer I wasn't with my photographer. And now that I'm back in school, it's hard to coordinate schedules and homework time for photo shoots.
However, today after church we finally had time for pictures! And It's a good thing too, I absolutely love this dress. I picked it up at a thrift store for about $9 this summer, and had it with me as my banquet dress in Germany.
I've been longing for a pretty white dress, and this one is gorgeous. It reminds me of a modern take on a Jane Austen dress.
I also had fun taking silly indie shots. The lamp just happened to be the perfect monochromatic prop.
I also had the perfect outfit to wear my paper crown with. I made it last week out of some pages from my Complete Works of Shakespeare book that I bought for a project I'm making for my illustration class. I took out the entire Midsummer Night's Dream to save for latter so that I can make another one.
excuse the odd expression, this was the only close up I had of it :]
Needless to say, the moment I put on the crown with this dress I felt like a fairy princess who had leaped straight from the pages of a book.  Now I'm going to be flitting around my room, creating a tiny magical land from my fairy world.
I'll take pictures and show you all my little world when I finish it.
-Brenna Kathleen

No comments: