Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Geek Chic Part 1


I love Geeks. I am a Geek. 
One of the most important characteristics of a Geek is their style, or lack thereof. But with this super chic style guide to Geeks, I'll have your average Hobbit lookin' like a classy elf.... er.... at least like a classy Hobbit.
 
Sweaters
Every geek should know, you need a good stash of sweaters for all that time you spend indoors in a dark place making art, geeking out on the computer, playing video games, reading, whatever it is that any geek does. 
So here is my selection of sweater must-haves:
The Keep It Simple Cardigan truly lives up to it's name, perfect basic sweater
You're Welcome Cardigan




Recipe Card-igan

































You should know how much I love this style sweater, while it's not the gray/black one I've been searching for, I still love the Haute Chocolate Cardigan




Say it With Stripes Cardigan
THIS is my dream sweater. I'm in love.
Vests
One thing that I've learned is difficult to find are cardigan sweater vests for women. Does anyone else have this problem? I've gone through so many internet searches... all I want is a cardigan wiht the sleeves lopped off, doesn't seem too hard to do. Luckily I found one at Buffalo Exchange this past Labor Day that, once I sew the sides up to make it fit me better, will be a staple in my fall wadrobe.
But here are some cute ones from Modcloth!
Dramaturge Vest
All Vest Up With Someplace To Go
I swear I look at places other than Modcloth, but I couldn't find any vests that I liked, not even any sweater vests! (And if they did, then they were old matronly ugly) I guess they're not in this Fall, or people haven't really switched over yet. 

 Glasses
I'm not saying that all Geeks wear them, I don't. But it's a stereotype, and one that I like.
woodgrain reader
vintage risky reader

wayfarer reader


Geek Tees
Of course, even the most fashionable of Geeks is going to sport a clever tee now and then. 
Super Trooper

You Never Forget Your First Doctor
I [Atom] Science
Evil League of Evil
  Sorry for the long post, but us Geeks gotta' know how to be super chic and not just like we emerged from our parent's basement for the first time in 4 months.

More parts to come!
-Brenna Kathleen
 

1 comment:

Aire said...

Hi Breanna,
Thanks for featuring our items on your blog! We appreciate the support.

xoxo,
Aire @ModCloth