Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wonderland

I am super excited for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. It comes out March 5, 2010. And I can tell you now, I may have to give in and see it right then instead of waiting for it to hit the dollar theater like I normally do.

Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorites. I love the books, and all the movies I've seen of it. Of course the Disney version, but I also really love the 1985 version (even though I find parts of it terrifying because of the jabberwocky and Carol Channing *shudders*)


And so far the images from the new version look AMAZING!!!


















And check out the older Alice look! I LOVE the costumes... some of them remind me of Joanna in Sweeney Todd




I'm glad it seem like Burton is making it more Victorian, but of course with a colorful twist.
I hope he kept the "drink me" bottle and "eat me" cakes. That's always been my favorite part of the story. I think it may have created my slight obsession with glass bottles.

If you haven't already read the original books, go do so now! The second is my favorite. And yes, there are two. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Alice, Through The Looking Glass. Disney kinda' combined them but left out the cooler parts of the second one. It has amazing pieces of poetry. I've even memorized a few :]

Happy reading!
-Brenna

EDIT: the pics look a bit small, but you can click on them to see a larger view :]

No comments: