Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

I saw Ninjas on the subway!!!!!

.... not really.

I was just reading my darling roommate's blog
(please visit my lovely roommates blog Despite Concrete here, I promise you she's a thousand times better than I am at writing)

And I have to say. I quite agree!!! As a matter of fact, I was just thinking about something very similar.
True, the media is waaay out of control and too much for even a young adult like myself to handle. And I'm all for books and playing with cardboard and rocks (growing up in a not so wealthy artist home, that was pretty much the norm for me).
But let's face it. The media isn't going anywhere anytime soon. People are addicted to it. Heck, I'm addicted to it! I can't go a day without my ipod, computer, or phone at my side.
So I think we should clean up the media. Or at least try to.

My thoughts on this subject are centered on one particular company that has it's finger in every sense of technology and marketing.

Disney.

Now I love Disney, don't get me wrong. But my goodness, they have so much going on out in the world and it all needs to stop before my mind explodes!!

They need to clean up their act and get back to what it was supposed to be about. I'm pretty sure that Walt wouldn't have been too keen on the whole Hannah-High School musical gig.
I say, Disney. You have enough money!!!! You have the most amazing theme parks in the world! the best animated movies and the best beginnings!!!

In times like these where everything is going down the tubes and the economy isn't great, we need to fix what we've done. We need to go back to what the Disney company was meant to be.
We need to bring back the classics!!

Stop all this horrible nauseating acting you have plastered all over the Disney Channel. What happened to Timon and Pumba? Goof Troop?! The Little Mermaid series? Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers?! The Gummy Bears!?!
Those were good stories. And they've been replaced with been-there-done-that laugh track shows.
I can't even find those old cartoons on Toon Disney!
Which apparently is now some weird Disney/Sports collaboration.

Remember Silly Symphonies?! I do!!!
And I wasn't even around when they first came out. But Disney kept playing them! And those are some of the best memories I have as a child.

You ask the kids today about any of that and they'll give you a blank stare before they go back to doing the hoedown throwdown.

Bring back the classics Disney! Please! Start making good entertainment again, instead on focusing on making good money.

Think about why you wanted to work with the Disney company. What was that first magical moment that made you want to bring that magic to everyone else in the world? Think about why Walt did it. Are you doing all these things for the same reason?

I hope so. He was a great man. A true living example of staying young at heart, and never-ever letting go of the magic and imagination you had as a child.

No comments: