Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Eight or Nine Wise Words About Letter Writing

Tonight I attended a lecture by a Torrey student here (Torrey is like Biola's version of an honors program... sort of) that was on the art of letter writing. One of the sources she used was a work by Lewis Carroll (well-known for his Alice books) titled "Eight or Nine Wise Words About Letter Writing"

I made a note of this work in my sketchbook, because I love my Carroll, and later I searched for it on the great internet. What I found was really quite enchanting!

He has five different sections:
-On Stamp-Cases
-How to Begin a Letter
-How to Go On With a Letter
-How to End a Letter
and
- On Registering Correspondence

Naturally, you should start with the first one. I don't know why I linked them all, since you can just scroll through on the website I found it on. But perhaps I may need it for future reference! (I love the little bit on the white elephant in the last section)

On another note, I know that not that many people even read my blog. But as I aforementioned, I am going on a missions trip to Germany this summer! More specifically to the town of Guben that is South-East of Berlin, to teach English at a summer camp there.

We still need lots of monetary support (and you can provide that by donating on line here), but more important we need prayer support for the team and for the kids at the camp.  We are so thankful for everything that God has provided and the gifts we have been so graciously been given.
Thank You!

I'm going to go to bed now, since it is well past midnight and I have New Testament class in the morning.

Have a lovely day (morning, afternoon, evening, night)!
-Brenna Kathleen

No comments: